Thursday, July 16, 2009

How many????


       Why is it when you have more than 2 children, people will stop you and ask,"Are they ALL yours?" Like I am some kind of brood mare?? I have 4 boys. So??? They are 13, 10, almost 7 and almost 9 months. When you're under 20, ALMOST counts.

I am an only child. My Mother is still scratching and shaking her head wondering what her harebrained daughter has done.  I am having the biggest adventure of my life! That's what I'm doing. Most of the time I need to be reminded that this IS an Adventure and not some kind of prison sentence. 

Teenage boys are still a mystery to me. I am the proud owner of one though. He is a stellar kid! A great friend and smart. Not so much book smart but tons of common sense and I have no doubt that if we were ship wrecked somewhere, he would be our salvation. The Nature Boy!

The 10 year old is my Brainiac! Super intelligent. Sometimes a little dim with the common sense but hey, that's why he has a big brother. Together they might be unstoppable! He loves football! He's built for the sport too. A real force to be reckoned with.

The ALMOST 7 year old. Let's just say I have earned my stripes with him. He and I lock horns like wild animals at war over territory. He is stubborn. I am stubborn. He screams. I scream. He says he loves me and I melt! Sometimes he can be heartbreaking sweet! He's very smart and super talented. Honestly the kid can do anything he tries, from skiing to skateboarding. He was riding a 2 wheeler when he turned 3. No fear! Any thing the brothers can do, he can do it better! 

The Surprise Baby! My biggest surprise ever! The very best surprise ever! He is AWESOME! I am having so much fun watching to see who he will be. He is stubborn already and quite smart. Very loud when he wants something too. 

Let the adventure roll on. I'm ready! We still have one family vacation left for the Summer before school and FOOTBALL start! So excited about football season! We live for it! Can't wait to see how I'll juggle this season with the baby here. I really ned a backpack for him so I can take all the pictures I want. I'm really NOT ready for school. Don't tell my boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment